Front-end developer at Siyavula Education.
I build websites: back- to front-end. I turn an idea into a website that functions in the most efficient way possible through smart application design and programming. Occasionally, I advise on creative strategy, design graphics, and do light animation. When not wrangling code, I think about civic engagement, and arrange challenging music in a tasteful manner. Many moons ago, I organised creative swapmeets that combined academia, art and free culture.
Languages and frameworks
Open source software
A few of my projects that you are free to use or improve upon.
- Bower integration for modules and themes
- Bulk generation of image styles
- 24 ways (front-end)
- A List Apart (front-end)
- Ben Nadel (front-end)
- Brand New (identity design)
- Bruce Schneier (security)
- CSS-Tricks (front-end)
- David Walsh (front-end)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (civil liberties)
- Filament Group (front-end)
- Hacker News (announcements)
- LWN (Linux)
- Open Rights Group (civil liberties)
- PHP Weekly (PHP)
- Responsive Web Design Podcast (front-end)
About the site
Under the hood, everything is neatly tied together with Kohana. Content is written in GitHub Flavored Markdown and presented using AnimationFrame, canvgc, Grunt, Modernizr, Normalize.css, Picturefill, Respond.js, ScrollUp, Selectivizr, svg2png and svgstore. Screen capture videos were created with VirtualDub, UScreenCapture and Ut video codec.
Heading typeface is Titillium by Campi Visivi.